Last modified: September 7, 2020
When you use this service, you’ll share some information with us. So we want to be upfront about the information we collect, how we use it, whom we share it with, and the controls we give you to access, update, and delete your information.
Information We Collect
There are two basic categories of information we collect:
- Information you choose to give us.
- Information we get when you use our services.
Here’s a little more detail on each of these categories.
Information You Choose to Give Us
When you interact with our service, we collect the information that you provide to us.
Contact and profile information
When you interact with our service, we collect the information that you choose to share with us. For example, if you choose to sign-up in order to back-up your account or sync your account between different devices, we need to collect a few basic details about you, such as: an email address and a password. Additionally, in our effort to make your life easier we allow you to sign-up using your Facebook or Google account in which case you will be sharing information such as your public profile and email address. Also, it probably goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway: When you contact customer support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer.
Information from Integrated Sign-On Services
Information We Get When You Use Our Service
When you use our service, we collect information about how you’ve used it. We might know, for instance, that you watched a particular channel, saw a specific video for a certain period of time, and saved a few videos. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our service:
Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our service. For example, we may collect information about:
- How you interact with our service, such as which channels you watch, which videos you watch, whether you’re using Chromecast, or which videos you save and share.
Device Information. We collect information from and about the devices you use. For example, we collect:
- Information about your hardware and software, such as the hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, and time zone;
- Information about your wireless and mobile network connections, such as connection type, service provider, and connection speed. Location Information. When you use our service we may collect information about your general location (Country, Region and City).
Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our website. That information includes, among other things:
- Details about how you’ve used our service.
- Device information, such as your web browser type and language.
- Access times.
- Pages viewed.
- IP address.
- Identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
- Pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
How We Use Information
What do we do with the information we collect? The answer is: Provide you with an amazing product and service that we relentlessly improve. Here are the ways we do that:
- Develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and service.
- Send you communications, including by email. For example, we may use email to respond to support inquiries or to share information about our products, service, and promotional offers that we think may interest you.
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- Personalize our service by, among other things customizing the content we show you.
- Enhance the safety and security of our products and service.
- Prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance our service and your experience with them.
- For promotional activities
- To serve you with relevant targeted advertisements (necessary to fund our Services)
- To send you marketing communications and/or newsletters about rewards and promotions if you have subscribed to them
- Enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- With service providers. We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf.
- With business partners. We may share information about you with business partners that provide services and functionality.
With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- Comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- Investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations.
- Protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others.
- Detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. If Neverthink Oy gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
We may also share with third parties aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information.
Third-Party Content and Integrations
Our service may also contain third-party integrations such as the YouTube embedded player. Through these third-party integrations, you may be providing information (including personal information) directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our service.
Analytics and Advertising Service
How Long We Keep Your Information
We store your information until you ask us to delete them or they are no longer necessary for providing the service.
Control over Your Information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access, rectify, port and erase your data. You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority. Below you can find some more information about these rights:
- Opt-out from notifications. In case you do not want Neverthink to use your personal data for the purpose of sending notifications, you may at any time opt-out from receiving any further notifications by turning notifications off in your device’s notifications settings.
- Right to correct. You have the right to have incorrect/unprecise, incomplete, outdated, or unnecessary personal data we have stored about you corrected or completed by contacting us.
- Rectification of personal data. You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data processed by Neverthink. If a request for rectification concerns data that is necessary for Neverthink to offer the Services, such requests will have the effect that your account will be terminated at Neverthink. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us at: email@example.com
- Portability. You have the right to receive your personal data which you have provided to Neverthink, in accordance with relevant personal data regulation, provided that such request does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can opt out of interest-based advertising on mobile applications by changing the privacy settings of your device and selecting “limit ad tracking” (Apple iOS) or “opt out of interest-based ads” (Android).
Users in the European Union
If you’re a user in the European Union, you should know that the controller of your personal information is:
Company name: Neverthink Oy
Corporate identity number: 2796279-5
Address: Kaikukatu 4 C, 00530 Helsinki, Finland Email: email@example.com
Here is some additional information we would like to bring to your attention:
Bases for using your information
Your country only allows us to use your personal information when certain conditions apply. These conditions are called “legal bases” and, at Neverthink, we typically rely on one of three:
- Legitimate interest. Another reason we might use your information is because we have—or a third party has—a legitimate interest in doing so. For example, we need to use your information to provide and improve our service, including protecting your account, delivering you videos, providing customer support, and helping you find content we think you’ll like. An important point to understand about legitimate interest is that our interests don’t outweigh your right to privacy, so we only rely on legitimate interest when we think the way we are using your data doesn’t significantly impact your privacy or would be expected by you, or there is a compelling reason to do so.
- Consent. In some cases we’ll ask for consent to use your information for specific purposes. If we do, we’ll make sure you can revoke your consent in our service or through your device permissions.
- Legal obligation. We may be required to use your personal information to comply with the law, like when we respond to valid legal process or need to take action to protect our users.
Your right to object
You have the right to object to our use of your information. If there are any types of information you don’t agree with us processing please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live. Whenever we share information of EU users outside the EU we make sure an adequate transfer mechanism is in place.
Complaints? If you’re based in the EU, you can always file a complaint with the supervisory authority in your Member State.
Our service are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 13. And that’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13.