Our mission is to be a positive driving force in the meme community. To keep our platform and community safe, we are committed to the following guidelines.
The decision about whether to feature a video or not, is made by the curator, who has artistic freedom about the content. Each and every video on Neverthink is watched and checked by a curator before featuring.
In addition to the judgement of the curator, we take steps as a team to ensure our content is of high quality and don’t feature videos that are against our content guidelines. These steps are:
- Moderate all new videos from users
- Regular quality reviews of the content
You can join thousands of other Neverthink users in discussion by commenting on the videos. Like comments that are witty and engaging, and sort them by time or likes. To keep our community safe, all comments are reviewed before publishing.
Even though the content you see on Neverthink is mainly based on Internet humor, which can sometimes touch controversial topics or even be offensive if taken out of context, we have clear rules of what type of content, including comments, we don’t welcome on our platform. These include:
- Content made with hateful, discriminating, racist, or defamatory intentions
- Abusive or intentionally violent or hurtful content, including animal cruelty, self harm, and behavior that glorifies or encourages suicide
- Content that is clearly stolen or very likely to be stolen
- Impersonating an individual or organization
- Illegal content
- Pornographic or sexually explicit content
- Sexualizing minors. This includes the sharing of content or links to content that describes minors in pornographic, sexual, or violent situations.
- Sharing or threatening to share someone’s private information without permission. This includes sharing names or nicknames of people who are not of public interest.
- Organizing or promoting violent extremist activities
- Spams, scams and other harmful content
- Political memes expressing a political opinion or agenda are not allowed. Memes featuring political characters are okay, if the meme itself is apolitical and neutral.
- Sharing links to services outside of Neverthink
- Comments in other languages than English. This is to ensure that we are able to moderate the comments.
In addition to the removal of forbidden content, posting it may result in a temporary or permanent ban.
We want to ensure that the Neverthink experience is fun and entertaining for everyone. If a video or audio quality is very low, or the video otherwise makes the watching experience worse, we may remove it. We may also remove comments that are irrelevant to the conversation, meme, meme community, or the creator. Ultimately, the decision is left up to the curators.
We react very seriously to each complaint we get. If you see a video or a comment that you think is against our guidelines or otherwise inappropriate, don’t hesitate to let us know. You can report content in a few different ways:
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click “Report comment” on the comment
- Send us a message on our Facebook, Instagram or Twitter page
Once we’ve received the complaint, the first thing we do is review it with the content team. If the video or comment does not represent the kind of content we want to promote, we will remove it immediately and investigate why it was on our platform in the first place, and how we could do better in the future. We will also always follow up with you to let you know what we did about the reported piece of content.